Can you believe it’s 2022 already? I know it’s been a stressful year with global supply chain issues and shortages of everything from computer chips to chickens, but your business bobbed and weaved through the ever-changing ecommerce landscape flawlessly. The Order Desk team couldn’t be prouder of you!
You made history.
If you started using Order Desk for the first time this year, you were one of 8,936 new stores who made the choice to value their time and scale smarter with Order Desk. Thanks for trusting us to be a part of your success!
Collectively, Order Desk stores set new records in 2021 by selling $3,672,278,219.94 in product, up from last year’s record of $2,098,197,128.83. That’s coming from the 27,718,472 orders that you received, resulting in an average sale of $132.48! Believe it!
With all that growth, your communications never faltered; you used Order Desk to send 3,997,441 emails to your customers to send them updates about their orders. And you guessed it: that’s more emails than you’ve ever sent before.
Order Desk grew with you.
Six new people joined Order Desk this year, the most we’ve ever hired annually! Our team of fifteen is based entirely across the globe, and while some of us have still never met in person due to travel restrictions, the team we’ve curated are some of the smartest, kindest, most capable folks in the world. Needless to say, we’re humbled and proud that they work here!
And thanks to their intelligence, creativity, and patience, our team was able to send over 35,000 support emails to you! At roughly 100 emails per day, it’s the most emails we’ve ever been able to manage. Let’s give our support team a round of applause…or a nap. Or both?
Your business may be using one of the 28 new, carefully curated integrations we built this year, and whether or not you noticed it, you’ve probably been directly affected by one of the 2,600 updates we made to keep Order Desk running smoothly.
Some of our biggest updates ever.
Speaking of updates…
You might have noticed a new field in Store Settings for a default IOSS number as well as IOSS fields in Printverse, ShipHero, and a few other integrations. This was added to accommodate the European Union’s changes to how they handle VAT (Value Added Tax).
We also rebuilt a few integrations from the ground up, like Slack and 3PL Central when their APIs were updated, which added lots of behind-the-scenes improvements throughout that affected how data was routed and handled. We’re pretty proud of all the hard work our developers put in to make that happen!
We’ll spare you a 40 minute long email and highlight some of our other favorite updates from this year:
- We made some great changes to the Rule Builder! You can now link directly to any of your rules by clicking Link to Rule on the right hand side of the grey bar next to Filters & Actions, and we added a couple of new filters (Current Date & Order History).
- On the same topic, you can now use the Rule Builder to create alerts in your Slack workspace, either to specific channels or in direct messages. This is especially helpful if you use Order Desk to alert you when an order is late being fulfilled, or if an order requires extra attention.
- We added the ability to link directly to order notes for easier communication with your team!
- If you need to sync inventory between your Order Desk stores, you can do so from the Inventory Items page with the Sync All Inventory to Store setting, which works in conjunction with the Keep Inventory Synced with Other Store setting. It also works if you don’t have this setting enabled and want to do a one time inventory push from one store to another.
You learned with us.
- We debuted our Automate Your Print on Demand Workflow with Order Desk Video Series. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you ca watch it here.
- You spent over 500 hours watching our instructional videos and webinars!
- You visited our Knowledge Base over 113,000 times for a total of 6,244 hours spent learning our app, and some of that time was spent reading the 60 new guides that were written.
- Our new “Spotlight On…” newsletter segment shed some light on the topics that come up most frequently in Support emails. Anything specific you’d like to see in 2022? Let us know!
We celebrated personal wins with our team.
- One of us welcomed a second baby, which brings us to FOUR Order Desk babies total
- One of us got married
- One of us adopted a dog named Bagel, which is also the name one of our favorite foods here at Order Desk!
- One of us celebrated a personal weight loss goal of 50 lbs (22.7 kg)
- Just about half the company moved into new homes, one bought a new house, and one of us will be spending the first week of January driving from Brooklyn, NY to their new home in San Francisco, CA
2022 is set to be a pretty exciting year.
Sure…we say this every year, but 2022 is going to be the best year for your business yet thanks to some exciting things we have in the works.
We don’t have to tell you that this past year has been tough for many reasons, but we do want to say that it’s been a pleasure watching you thrive despite the world’s challenges.
So here’s to making the next 361 days count. If you need some inspiration, feel free to check out our very serious Spotify playlist that has absolutely no hidden messages in it! 😉
From our business to yours, we hope you had a happy, restful holiday season and new year.
Patricia and The Order Desk team
PS: Want to be a part of Order Desk’s growth in 2022? We’re hiring!