Policies and Procedures
Order Desk is committed to keeping your data safe and secure. Here, you’ll find our legal documents, policies, and other relevant information.
Last modified: 5/15/2018
SparkWeb Interactive, Inc. d/b/a Order Desk (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit orderdesk.com, or use the Order Desk application, regardless of whether you access or use the site or application on a desktop or a mobile device (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Besides through the Website, this policy applies to information we collect:
- On our help ticketing system;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Us.
- offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries, or customers).
Children under 16 must provide parental consent before using the Website. Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Order Desk, PO Box 190705, Boise ID 83709.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP address or any other information the website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your zip code or country of residence; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and customers who may have collected information from you and sent it to us for order processing.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through Order Desk may include but is not limited to:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting services or inquiring about orders. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or the services we offer.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through Order Desk, including your monthly service subscription. You may be required to provide financial information, such as a credit card number, to access our services, but this information is passed directly and securely to our payment processor, Stripe. You may review Stripe’s security and privacy policies at https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present Order Desk and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To present you with our informational newsletter, from which you can unsubscribe at any time from the e-mail containing such newsletter.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to Order Desk or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- In the case of individual data subjects in the EU, for any purpose for which the data controller who has exported your data to us requests us to use your information, unless such purpose is contrary to U.S. federal or state law.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that is not personal information, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subprocessors, set forth in on our Subprocessors Page at https://www.orderdesk.com/legal/subprocessors/.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Order Desk’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other legal purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Order Desk our customers, or others, after notice to you if we believe such disclosure affects your rights under applicable law.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Depending on your location, you may have certain rights with respect to your information, such as: (i) data access and portability (including the right to obtain a copy of your personal data you provided to Order Desk, through your account or by contacting us at email@example.com ); (ii) data correction (including the ability to update your personal data, through your account or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org ); (iii) data deletion (including the right to have Order Desk delete your personal information, except information we are required to retain, by contacting us at email@example.com ), or we may delete your data if we are instructed to do so by our customers who export your personal information to us, except for information we are required to retain; and (iv) withdrawal of consent or objection to processing (including, in limited circumstances, the right to ask Order Desk to stop processing your personal data, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at Order Desk, PO Box 190705, Boise ID 83709.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. We encrypt any information you provide with SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of Order Desk, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to Order Desk. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.